Senior Development Specialist
Company: Omaha Steaks
Leadership Development & OD Consultant Come manage the leadership pipeline for one of Omaha’s premier national brands! You will have an opportunity to do much more than just develop future leaders, you will be able to consult all levels of leaders on their leadership and management skills, provide organizational design recommendations, organize development activities and help them with all of their organizational development needs. As part of the Training and Development team you will also get to design and facilitate leadership and professional development classes and help with Omaha’s largest season new hire training. You will have a great deal of authority in your projects but with a close-knit, veteran team to support you.
Great Place to Work! We have created a well-respected, nationwide brand based on our outstanding, wholesome products and our exceptional customer service. That makes for a great customer interaction and something our employees are very proud to be a part of. Despite being the nation's best known brand of beef and the largest direct marketer of seafood, we're small enough that your contribution can make a real difference. The owners and the management team genuinely care about every employee. So, when it comes to things like employee safety, health care, educational assistance and wellness, we lead the way. We treat our employees with the same respect we have for our customers. Essential Job
- Develops relationships with company leadership to identify development needs including leadership and professional development, performance improvement, organizational effectiveness, and other interventions.
- Designs and facilitates new hire and development courses.
- Partners with company leaders to promote and drive organizational development (OD) efforts.
- Responsible for managing OD projects related to organizational design, process improvement, culture, and change initiatives.
- Partners with outside educational institutions, consultants and contractors to provide a network of educational, training and consulting resources.
- Works with Compensation Analyst and external resources to provide organization design alternatives.
- Researches and evaluates best practices in the field of OD and leadership development. Presents findings to company leaders and integrates into OD programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4 year college degree.
- Major coursework in adult education, communication, organizational development, human resources, or related field required.
- 5 years’ experience in consulting leadership, course design, facilitation of classroom training, employee performance improvement, supporting organizational change and/or managing organizational knowledge.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to master AS/400 applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with upper management, frontline employees, and all levels of management in-between.
- Effectively provide critical feedback to managers.
- Excellent instructional skills.
- Ability to manage large classrooms and meetings.
- Deep understanding of how people learn. Very strong analytical ability especially as it relates to human behavior in organizations.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple, large projects.
- Creativity, innovative thinking, and flexibility.
Salary: Based on Experience
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.