Human Resources Manager
Company: Teledyne Isco
Under limited supervision, and exercising discretion and independent judgment, manages and actively participates in a variety of day-to-day HR functions for the ISCO facility in Lincoln, NE, which includes Shared Services, of approximately 350 total employees, as well as SSI, located in Pennsylvania, of approximately 52 employees. Also supervises and is responsible for the ISCO facility receptionist position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: supervision of a three person staff in Lincoln, recruitment, Affirmative Action, employee relations, training, workers' compensation, leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation, employee recognition programs, performance management and other various projects. Must effectively interact with all levels of staff as well as individuals external to the organization. This position will require travel to SSI once a month, which would be the equivalent of about 25% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Administers Corporate policies relating to all phases of human resource activities and plans and administers Human Resource site related policies and procedures.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resource functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and during HR related audits.
- Directs human resource staff, including the planning, assigning and directing of work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs recruitment activities including recruitment strategies, interviewing and evaluations of candidates for all positions.
- Participates in outreach, job fairs/college fairs, and college internship programs. Works with temporary agencies in sourcing contract workers.
- Prepares and conducts offers, on-boarding and new hire orientation for new hires.
- Prepares, coordinates and maintains affirmative action/EEO program including training, community outreach, audit preparation and oversight, and annual development of EEO report.
- Maintains records, reports, and logs to conform to OFCCP/EEO regulations.
- Prepares, conducts, and coordinates management training on such topics as interviewing, hiring, performance review, promotions/transfers, FMLA, reasonable accommodation, disciplinary actions, terminations, harassment and retaliation.
- Counsels employees and managers regarding questions about employment, employee relations, policy or benefit related issues.
- Advises management regarding appropriate resolution of employee issues.
- Creates, maintains and reviews site specific job descriptions.
- Coordinates performance/compensation reviews.
- Works with managers to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization and that performance reviews are written and communicated appropriately and completed in a timely manner.
- Conducts wage surveys and reviews compensation against both internal and external sources and oversees annual merit review process.
- Maintains and coordinates employee educational assistance and recognition programs.
- Processes personnel action forms, assuring proper approvals.
- Coordinates, advises and administers CFRA/FMLA /Workers’ Compensation and other leave of absence programs.
- Coordinates benefits for annual open enrollment process and qualifying events, communicating changes to all employees.
- Assists employees with the online enrollment process as needed. Performs monthly benefit audits. Maintains required records.
- Maintains Human Resource records (including training records) both physical and electronic (HRIS/Recruitment software).
- Directs Receptionist staff in ensuring execution of all assigned duties including ensuring backup resources are trained and performing responsibilities.
- Train, coach, mentor and motivate human resources employees to ensure they align job duties and partner with all departments to achieve goals and objective of the business.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree and four to six years HR related experience and/or training including solid knowledge of federal and State HR related laws and regulations, and compensation, employee relations and development programs.
- PHR/SPHR desired.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel including basic formulas, and PowerPoint) and Recruitment/HRIS Software (ADP Enterprise preferred).
- Access or database knowledge desired.
Other Essential Duties
- Must be able to travel and work off site of the primary work location 25-30% of the time.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Innovative thought leader with track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to remain creative while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker.
- Ability to resolve problems and apply best solutions.
- Pro-active approach to job challenges.
- Sedentary light work is involved in a typical office or administrative environment.
- This job requires frequent typing, talking, hearing, and use of office equipment.
How to Apply: