Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Company: American National Bank
Administers the benefits programs including all welfare benefits, retirement plans, and assists in managing benefit vendors. Assists with the analysis of salary data, determining of pay grades, and conducting or participating in compensation surveys. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Educates employees on benefit plan options and ensure proper enrollment administration for newly eligible employees.
- Researches and responds to employee benefit plan questions. Contacts insurance carriers and vendors to investigate discrepancies and provide information for non-routine situations for employees.
- Serves as a liaison with outside insurance carriers or other agencies to ensure compliance with all regulatory compliance requirements. Ensures all Summary Plan Descriptions and Plan Documents are updated and meet all legal requirements.
- Coordinates completion of 5500 reports and discrimination testing for benefit plans, and coordinates the distribution of Summary Annual Reports.
- Responsible for Affordable Care Act monitoring and reporting.
- Prepares information and responds to questions from both internal and external auditors as they apply to benefit plan audits.
- Works with Compensation and Benefit Manager in coordinating annual open enrollment. Works with marketing to prepare benefit materials.
- Assists with research to identify current benefit trends, new laws, and regulations related to benefit plans.
- Maintains understanding of HRIS and related systems and processes in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of benefits processes and procedures, and ensure all required policies and procedures are developed, documented, and reviewed periodically
- Administer leave of absence and FMLA process
- Assists with the review of proposals for new or revised job descriptions to determine appropriate salary grade assignment based on market data research.
- Assists with the annual market analysis using Compensation Market Database to ensure market competitiveness of Compensation Program.
- Conducts or participates in compensation surveys.
- Cross train with Payroll-Total Rewards position to ensure continuity of payroll responsibilities in the absence of employee.
- Complete special projects as needed.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are necessary to interact with varying levels of employees.
- Advanced organization skills and project management experience essential for meeting tight deadlines as well as managing multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with HRIS reporting.
- High degree of computer literacy. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and complex logic skills.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable legislation and regulations related to benefits.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- Requires 2-4 years of employee benefit, compensation, or related experience.
- Experience with UltiPro preferred.
How to Apply: