Benefits & Compliance Specialist
Company Name: Lutz
Lutz is seeking a Benefits and Compliance Specialist to coordinate and monitor the Firm's employee benefits and compliance programs.
Lutz is an expert business solutions firm that partners with clients to simplify complexities. We have a sharp, experienced team that believes looking you in the eye to get where you're coming from is a vital part of getting to the bottom line and taking you where you want to go. We say that we mind what matters, and that really sums it up. We are currently seeking a Benefits & Compliance Specialist to join Lutz's HR team.
- Act as firm's employee benefit resource which includes communicating, coordinating and monitoring employee benefits (medical, dental, STD/LTD, 401k, HSA/FSA, PTO, etc.), overseeing Lutz's annual open enrollment process, troubleshooting employee questions and conducting benefits training for new employees
- Ensure firm is in compliance with HR employment laws and regulations and industry-related regulations
- Develop and propose policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness of employee benefit programs
- Work with employees on Leave of Absence requests including FMLA requests
- Assist with Lutz's compensation process and work closely with internal accounting group on payroll review
- Assist with Lutz's onboarding process and new employee orientation
- Maintain employee personnel files and electronic HR records and coordinate HR-related reporting
- Other HR responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in HR, business administration or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in benefit & oriented role; strong knowledge of employee benefit programming
- Tech-savvy; prior ADP experience preferred
- Knowledge of general HR practices and procedures; experience with FMLA, ADA, and other employment legislation
- Detail-oriented and organized with prompt follow through
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to take on new projects and pursue HR knowledge
- Enthusiastic, positive and approachable personality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This is a great opportunity to continue your HR career at an award-winning organization known for its culture!
We are a strong firm because we invest wholeheartedly in bright people and genuine partnerships. Seeing happiness on clients' faces and one another's will assure us that we are living up to the highest standards of success: our own.
MIND WHAT MATTERS AT LUTZ
- Awarded Best Places to Work in Omaha by the Omaha Chamber, 2017
- Awarded Omaha's Business in Excellence Award by the Omaha Chamber, 2016
- Voted Best of the Best and a Top 200 Firm by Inside Public Accounting, 2016
- Named Regional Leader in the Midwest by Accounting Today, 2016
- Received an Edge Award for Internal Technology Innovation by LEA Global, 2015
- Awarded Best Places to Work for Millennials by The Center for Generational Kinetics, 2015
- Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
For confidential consideration, go to www.lutz.us/apply for the most prompt response. You can also call Amy Nieman @ 402.778.7960, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.